Secret gardens in Barcelona
Parks Gardens Barcelona
July and agugust are hot months, perfect for goign to the beach and spending some time in a cool and quiet green place. Parc Guell and Ciutadella are gorgeous but may be crowded during this season. That´s why we are offering you a list of secret parks and gardens in Barcelona, hidden from tourists and always fresh and green! For an amazing stay in Barcelona, take a look at beautiful apartments by Two Sisters Apartments in the neighborhood of Sant Antoni.
1. Jardins del Palau Robert. Bringing you back to see the lives of Barcelona’s bourgeoisie in the early 20th century, these neoclassical gardens are an oasis of tranquility int he centre if the city, on the crossroad of 2 busiest streets, Passeig de Gràcia and Avinguda Diagonal.
2. Jardines de Mossèn Costa i Llobera. Here you can discover over 800 species of succulents in the only Barcelona cactus gardens, first opened in 1970. Located high on Montjuïc hill, the gardens offer views of the Mediterranean sea through its spiny cactuses and tropical palm trees!
3. Jardines del Príncip de Girona are occupying a small part of cavalry’s old military barracks, which were closed at the start of the 80s, these landscaped secret gardens are full of colourful bougainvillea and oleanders, planted around a sunken lake.
4. Palo Alto was an abandoned leather factory, and now it´s one of the city’s lushest spaces and home to the famous Palo Alto Market. The place was redesigned by the garden designer José Farriol in the early 90s, with a four-storey-high green walls enclosing nearly two dozen art studios and offices, an open-air cantina, a fish pond and more!
5. Cervantes Park is also known as "La Rosaleda" thanks to more than 10,000 rose bushes that grow there and contain more than 200 different species. This secret garden has about 9 hectares, with more than half occupied with all types of rose bushes. The park has a lush vegetation that creates shaded spaces that create a real oasis during these hot summer days.
6. Gardens of the Horta labyrinth is one of the most beautiful secret parks in Barcelona, with impressive vegetation and, of course, a mysterious labyrinth in the center that will make children and adults run and play, finding the right route to get out of it. A park where you can spend the whole morning or afternoon strolling around its corners, discovering its fountains and corners.
If you´ve decided to visit Barcelona you can always stay in Two Sisters Apartments and enjoy the city and its offers!